Sunday, May 30, 2010

A busy weekend

So Saturday George woke me up bright and early...6 am to start working around the house for the day. I was ready to head back to sleep as I had been up several times throughout the night checking on our patient (my mom). Our first project of the day was putting together the baby crib. Surprisingly it went really quick! I thought it would be much harder than what it was. I had started to put it together last Sunday, but stopped when I noticed that one of the pieces had a big crack down the side. The company is sending us a replacement piece ASAP.

I was in checking on mom and noticed that George was outside mowing the yard! I couldn't believe my eyes. Neither of us had used a push mower before (this was his 2nd time ever mowing a yard period). He had asked our neighbor, Dick, to show him how to use it. Of course I had to capture the moment. :)
Later in the day George painted the baby's room. What an act of love. Poor guy had been so busy and was just plan tuckered out.




I thought it was pretty cute to see the paint on his feet.

Here is our little girl's bed in her room. We are still waiting for the back replacement piece to come from the company.







This is a dresser that George had originally made for us while we lived in Virginia. It was a cream color before but together we repainted it white for the baby's room. The picture frames were a hand made gift from my friend Nikki Jones to match the room. We are so excited that things are coming together so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment