Saturday, May 22, 2010

BVU Graduation


Well today is the big day. I walk into BVU for the first and last time and will graduate. Seems funny to be going to Storm Lake for graduation when I took all of my classes at the Fort Dodge site.
I am pretty excited to be graduating today with several of my friends who I have met along the way. What a fun time it will be for us all. I will be graduating with my degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology. Granted, I already received my degree back in October so today will just be icing on the cake.

The graduation ceremony started at 2:30 p.m. I was hoping that it wouldn't take too long as I had to go the bathroom again (go figure!). As I looked around and saw how many people where graduating, I knew that there wasn't going to be anything short about this ceremony. Oh dear.


Walking into the gym that was full of people I began to wonder if I would be able to spot my mom and George. Sure enough with mom's bright green shirt I was able to spot them right away! They were there cheering me on as I walked across that stage. What a feeling to be finally done with my bachelors degree.





The ceremony didn't end until 4:30 p.m. and boy was it HOT in that gym! I found mom and George outside after the ceremony and there was George with a dozen red roses for me. What a sweetheart! We took a few photos and headed for home. We were all exhausted from the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment