Friday, May 28, 2010

Trip to Des Moines

So today I took mom to Des Moines for well...lets say for a biopsy. She was such a trooper through everything. Perhaps it was because they gave her some really good drugs! haha

After her biopsy we made a quick trip to Babies R Us and I bought our diaper bag! I was really excited so now I can start filling it up with things for our little girl. On the way home mom got a little sick (thank goodness they sent us home with a barf bag!). I was getting really tired and exhausted and got pulled over right outside of Fort Dodge. The trooper said he clocked me at 65 mph. I think he was day dreaming as he was driving in front of me and there was a stop light and construction so there was NO way I was doing 65 mph but perhaps 59 mph. UGH. Anyways after much tears and a ticket we were on our way home. Mom would spend the night with us so that I could take care of her.

When I got home I was helping her out of the car and left her barf bag on the ground as I planned to take her in the house then come back for it. When I did...it was gone!!! WHAT?!? Yes, someone stole a bag of barf! Oh dear! Mom said she thought she saw a neighbor walking with it. GROSS! Oh well. It really made for an interesting day.

By the end of the day I was exhausted. I could feel it throughout my whole body...especially my swollen ankles! EEKS!!! Needless to say my evening was spent with my feet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment