Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The big move...part 1

Well today we begin moving to a house. We have spend 3 1/2 years in this two bedroom apartment and we are now moving to a 4 bedroom house with LOTS of space. We are both very excited about this for several reasons:
  1. We will no longer hear the train in our back yard at all hours of the day
  2. We won't hear our jobless neighbor below us slamming the door all day long
  3. We won't hear the neighbors arguing
  4. We won't have to listen to their 7 grandkids that come for a visit every night
  5. No more using quarters to pay for our laundry
  6. We won't hear our neighbor snoring at night
  7. Won't hear them yelling at their dog or hear the dog barking
  8. Won't have to garden in a pot
  9. We can park where we want to
  10. ...more space for our growing family!!!

I made an early morning trip to Walmart to get a few things that I thought I would need for the day...little did I know that would be the first of many trips to Walmart that day. I went over to the new place to meet my mom and begin cleaning. We thought it would be just a quick wipe down of the place...littile did we know we would be still at it hours later. Ugh.

I gave her a quick tour of the place and while down in the basement I got sick to my stomach. Went to clean up my mess and realized we don't have water. The landlord forgot to mention that he turned the water off to the house as he had a water leak to fix. Would have been nice to know. So we were off to meet a new neighbor and borrow some water. We got right to work when we got back.

Soon George arrived with the car loaded up and we started unloading. I was really tired and decided to sit down for a little bit as I had been on the go all morning. Our doctor was having me do kick counts with the baby. She is to kick 10 times before 2pm. Well it was 10:30 am and she had only kicked twice, which was quite unusual. I had even tried bending over, pushing on my stomach, anything to agitate her to move...nothing. George and I were both a little scared so he wanted me to call our doctor right away. But she is out for a month after having surgery so we ended up with the on-call dr. He wanted me to come in right away for a non-stress test to make sure everything was okay. Off to the doctor mom and I went. Poor George was left to keep on moving. After basically having to do the test twice we found out that our little one was just fine and was probably sleeping. What an answer to our prayers!!!!

It was back to packing at the old place and then George sent mom and I on our way back to the new place to clean the baby's room. So we quickly cleaned the baby's room as George brought his new car (his second baby) filled with our daughter's things. It was so cute. He wouldn't move anything else in his vehicle except for her stuff. How funny!

My sister, Penny, and my mom's friend Denise would later join us in moving and unpacking. Dad even came for a little bit too. We were a busy crew with lots to do! The landlord was working too as he still had things on the porch and in the garage and was having to look at some things in the house that needed work too.

George had to head out for training in Ames as they will soon be getting a new computer system in the ER, but us ladies kept working. It was so nice to have so much help unpacking things. It was so nice to get to sleep too! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment