Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The big move... part 2

Last night was our last night sleeping in the apartment. Sure will be wierd to be sleeping in a new place tonight. Today I was to work all day and meet up with George afterwards. However, after the day we had yesterday, my boss allowed me to take a half day off so I could continue to help with the move. I must admit, I would rather spend the day moving than be at work as the air isn't working!!! It was 82 degrees when I left and I had a HUGE headache...heatstroke!

George and I picked up the uhaul and headed to the old place to start loading. We put as much as we could in the uhaul and took it to the new place and began to unload the truck. Mom arrived to continue helping us. She stayed at the old place with George as I went to the new place to meet up with Denise, Penny, and my nephew Jake.

Jake was so excited when he saw the new place. He was so funny as he wouldn't even step foot in the baby's room! He thought the new place was huge and wanted to hide and for me to seek him. I told him to hide and I would find him in 30 minutes. He was so cute and wanted to help us unpack too. What a trooper and he didn't complain at all!

George was busy back at the old place with my brother-in-law, Stan, and three Iowa Central college students packing up all of the heavy furniture. They arrived and were so quick to unload all that big stuff. I couldn't believe how quick things were going! How awesome! Us ladies were putting things away as the guys were bringing them in and taking them to their correct room and well Jake, he was hiding in the big boxes.

Later I had another friend stop to pick up our empty boxes as she will be moving soon. What a great way for us to clear that empty box mess. We soon called it a day. Denise headed off to church, Penny and Jake went home to prepare for their big trip to OR for my cousin's wedding, and the rest of us went out to Chen Garden for supper. Oh we all filled our bellies beyond full!

George, Stan, mom and I stopped at the old place to do a few last things before heading for home. My brother-in-law is so dang handy!!! That is one of the things I appreciate the most about him. He is so knowledgeable about a wide variety of things. He was able to help us with our blinds, taking down some curtains, and weeds. We soon left and called it a night.

For George and I we were off to our new house. How odd for us to be in such a big unfamiliar place but we are excited for the new adventure...of finding our clothes, prenatal vitamins, and other needed things before bedtime. :) We ended up sleeping our first night on the couches.

No comments:

Post a Comment