Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stubborn...

I had a rough time sleeping last night. How could I when I would finally meet my little girl. I got up and showered early, put on my make-up and out the door we went. I was in such a hurry that I ate only a granola bar for breakfast. A very pregnant last picture before we enter into the hospital. We arrived early to the hospital and they buzzed us in to the OB floor. It is a newer portion of the hospital and sure is beautiful. Within the first hour of arriving I was changed into a hospital gown and given a pair of aweful mesh undies to wear, had my blood drawn, seen my doctor, and hooked up to several monitors and was started on a pitocin drip. I was told that I couldn't eat or drink anything all day. GREAT! Had I known that I would have made a stop at breakfast buffet before we came. I was so hungry and all I could do was eat popsicles.

The doctor wanted me up and walking to try to bring the baby down so every hour George and I were up walking the halls. I quickly got bored back in our room but luckily had our lap top computer with to keep me busy. I was on my normal websites checking my work email, my personal email and of course facebook. It was nice to "chat" with people throughout the day.

The doctor came to check on me again around noon and then later on at 5pm. The nurses had continued to up my pitocin throughout the day and I was getting some contractions, but nothing to make a difference. When the doctor came the last time she said that she would be sending me home only to come back on Monday to try again. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?

George and I were both crushed. We thought we would be leaving the hospital with our daughter. Of course she was coming with us, but we thought she would be in our arms rather than still in my belly. So we packed up our bags and left the hospital.

Of course on the way home I made George stop at the nearest restaurant so I could eat some real food! haha While there I sent a text message to my boss saying that I would be back to work the next day (Friday). He thought I was kidding. Oh how I wish I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment