Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

We arrived at the hospital at 7am on Monday, August 9, 2010 to be induced...again! We went through the same routine as last time. I was still only dialated to a 2 and 50% efaced. The nurses put me on pitocin again and Dr. Olson attempted to break my water. She wasn't quite sure if she got it or not, only time would tell.

This time I brought a book to read, the lap top, and a tutu to work on. I wasn't going to get bored like last time. George brought a few things to work on too and also was going to leave for a bit.

We were up walking the halls again and George and I were both talking about how we wish my water would just break and things would start happening. The second we finished saying that...my water broke in the hallway! We were excited that things were finally going to start for us. The nurses continued to up my pitocin drip throughout the day. I was starting to get contractions and used the yoga ball and squats to help. George was so awesome as he would massage my back too.
Mom came to visit us during the day too. She stayed with me while George ran some errands.
By 5:45pm I was dialated to a 3 which was still not much progress but the pain of the contractions was bothering me. I received and epidural for the pain which helped me to dialate to a 4 and 70% efaced. Dr. Olson came to check on me again and said that the baby's head was beginning to mold. It was now time for a c-section. I told mom to call dad, Penny and Chris and let them all know what was happening.

I was nervous for a c-section, but I didn't care anymore. I was ready to meet our little girl. The doctors and nurses were coming in to talk to me as they preped me for surgery. I started to get the shakes but they said that was normal and soon I began to itch from the eipidural too.
They took me to the operating room and soon George would join me. He didn't want to get very close to me as he was afraid he would contaminate things so he sat 5 feet behind me! I had asked if I could have a mirror to watch and they said no but that I might be able to see the reflection in the lights. I did look and could see the reflection in the lights...until they put the curtain up. Darn it! I joked with the doctor and nurses about them getting a workout as they had to lift me to the surgery table and later asked if they had sliced me open yet. I'm pretty sure at this point they were wishing they had knocked me out as I talked the ENTIRE time! ha ha The last thing I asked the doctor was if she could take out some extra fat while she was already inside. You know, two for the price of one! But she declined all three times I asked.
As Dr. Olson was opening me up she kept saying what a big baby. Since she kept saying that I was certain that Melora would be at least 9 or 10lbs.

Melora Selase Osai was born at 9:34pm on August 9, 2010 (8/9/10) weighing 7lbs 12ozs 17 1/2 inches long.
She is perfect! I couldn't believe our little girl was finally here. We were both so excited. I was quite surprised at how white she was but George reassured me that she would get darker. The nurses took Melora to a different room to clean her up and George went with. In the meantime, my doctor was closing the incision and getting me ready to meet...my daughter.

When I finally got to the recovery room George, mom, and Penny were there taking pictures of our newest family member. It was so great to have their support on the biggest day of my life.

Meet our family



Nana meeting Melora for the first time.


Aunt Penny and Melora

Papa came to visit as fast as he could too!

It was such a long day but so rewarding. George was so proud to show off our daughter to everyone that came to see us and check in that night. We were so exhausted that we had Melora sleep in the nursery that evening and the nurses would bring her to me for feedings throughout the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment