Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fully cooked

George had to work this weekend so mom came to spend the weekend with me. I feel like I am being babysat, but I know that she had good intensions. She wants to be here just in case my water would break and I go in to labor. No such luck.

Sunday evening the weather got really bad. I was kinda happy mom was here as I don't like to be home alone when storms happen. We were trying to relax and watch t.v. when we lost power at 9:30pm. I thought it would be back on shortly, but boy was I wrong. It got way too hot in our house at 80 degrees. This pregnant lady was fully cooked! I was sweating up a storm and at this point there was no way I was going to get any sleep.

I was so uncomfortable that I had mom drive me around Fort Dodge just so the air conditioning in the car could help cool me down. George worked a short shift at the hospital and came home to be with me the rest of the evening and mom returned to her house. I still couldn't sleep so I went for another drive around 2:50am. George called me panicking wanting me to get home. Of course he is from Ghana and the heat doesn't bother him one bit. I came back to the house and finally at 5:15am the electricity came back on just in time for me to start getting ready for the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment