Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Busy day

Today we had all sorts of visitors and phone calls. Those who visited were:


Nikki Jones



Kim Jackson



Sandi Buhl

Stan, Penny and Jake Lenz

Also visiting us today were Alissa King, Stacy Johnson and my mom. We received phone calls from Linda Zehr, Tera Peterson and Chris & Amy Garber.

Today was quite the day to remember as when Stacy Johnson (co-worker and friend) came to visit the tornado sirens went off and we were loaded up on an elevator to the basement. I was pushing my IV cart with my catheter and George was pushing Melora in the baby bed. They put us in a doctor's office on the first floor. Stacy stayed and talked to us during this time. While we were down there the nurses came to serve supper. Unfortunately, I was still on a liquid diet. Of course the nurse had to rub it in as they had an extra plate of food and offered it to George. How dare you give him real food, he didn't just have a baby! haha While he was eating his chicken nuggets, I was drinking my chicken broth. Yuck!

Stacy left after the nurses gave us the all clear and soon Sandi Buhl arrived. She had been stuck downstairs in another area during the tornado warning. Once Sandi left Penny, Stan and Jake came to visit. While they were visiting I was re-swaddling Melora in her blankets. Jake came over and said, "What's on her wiener?" It was so funny because he was pointing and everything but it was the security clip on her umbilical cord stump. haha He is so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment