Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kendra's Baby Shower



One of my former co-workers and friends, Kendra Hough had her baby shower on July 24th in Graetinger. She is due to have her baby girl on August 6th...unless she comes before then. ;) I really wanted to go to the shower so at my last doctor appointment on Tuesday, I asked my doctor if I could go. She said I was clear to go as long as I knew where the nearest hospital was (Graetinger is an hour and half away from Fort Dodge)!


I found another friend, Jessica Lenz, who was planning to go to the shower as well. So we rode together. What a blessing! George was a little stressed letting me go that far away but was happy to know that I wouldn't be alone. Jessica decided that she would drive so I grabbed my stuff from my car. She gave me an odd look when I put a towel down on the seat. HELLO!!!! If by some odd chance my water would break I don't want to get it on your seats!! She laughed and laughed. Her boyfriend sent her with his GPS system just in case so we could find the nearest hospital. Needless to say we were prepared.

We had a wonderful time at Kendra's baby shower. They played some really fun games too. One game in particular was pretty funny. You drew a card and on your card was a saying...some included: night of conception, tiny toes, those that can't breast feed, contractions, etc. Then you went to a table and had to pick out the candy that matched your word such as: night of conception= skor, tiny toes= tootsie rolls, those that can't breast feed= milk duds, and contractions= whoopers. It was a fun little game!


Kendra was blessed by the presence of great family and friends. And she received some pretty awesome gifts for her little bundle too. Some of her family is quite crafty and made some awesome blankets and towels.

Kendra Hough and Jessica Lenz.

Me and Kendra (and our little girls in our bellies). I was 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I look and feel like I could "pop" at any moment.

Part of my gift to Kendra was a pink/purple tutu and a flower head band to match. I made the tutu. I also gave her some baby booties and wooden letter blocks. I told her that she could use the letter blocks to spell out the baby's name in some of the pictures that they take of her as well as write how old she is...one day, one week, two weeks, etc.

There was some pretty cute little babies at the shower too. We got one little girl to model the tutu and head band.

Isn't she just the cutest little thing ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment