Friday, July 2, 2010

A date with my nephew Jake and my mom

Tonight my mom and my nephew Jake came to spend some time with me. We grilled supper and sat outside to eat, played ladder ball (when Jake would get a ball on the ladder he would say, "I must have been a good boy cause I got it on!"), hide and seek, and went up town to watch the fireworks. Jake went down the bouncey thing a few times and loved it. Then it was time to find our perfect spot to watch the fireworks.

While we waiting for the beginning of the show we quickly downed our melting ice cream cones from the Dariette (awesome place to get flavored ice cream...definitely my favorite!). Then it was show time. It was great to see and hear Jake's reactions to the fireworks. We called his mommy and he tried to decribe it to her..everything was, "BOOM! BOOM!" and then he would laugh and get so excited. One of the downsides of watching the fireworks was that it was a late night for us and Jake fell asleep on his nana's lap. So precious!

It was time for all of us to go home to bed.
We had such a great evening together. Will definitely need to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment