Friday, July 9, 2010

Flirty at 30!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. Little did I know that she (along with some of my friends) had something up their sleeve. I was asked to go to lunch by one of my co-workers/friends, Sandi Buhl. Nothing too unusual about that. But I mentioned to Sandi that I might not be able to go as I was needing to pick up mom's birthday pie. Sandi had mom call George and got him to do it so I could go out to lunch.




We arrived at Sister Sadies for lunch and I recognized one co-workers car there. I just figured that she must be there eating with a friend too. We went into the place (using the wrong door) and then went to our seat. It was a table that was beautifully decorated and had birthday balloons. Soon to join us was my mom, Linda Zehr, and Brittany Bush. It was such a wonderful way to not only celebrate my birthday, but mom's too! I love my friends!!!




Later in the day I had yet another doctor appointment. Was hoping it would be a quickie as the ones in the past have been. Appointment was to be at 4:15pm and I needed to be in Manson at 6pm to celebrate mom's birthday. But like my normal appointments lately...the doctor was down in labor and delivery! The nerve! haha At least I saw a friend there to talk with in the meantime.




I finally got to see the doctor around 5:30pm. Had my strep B test and will get the results at my next visit. She said the baby and everything else was looking good. We discussed my bad experience with one of the doctors and said that she might end up inducing me just so I wouldn't have to have that doctor. Wish should could have done it that day!!!




Had a great time in Manson celebrating mom's birthday as well as mine. I always enjoy good family time. My family and friends must think that I have terrible pregnancy feet as I got three gift certificates for pedicures!!! haha I least I will be pampered.




The next day at work was quite interesting. I arrived to find my office looking like this....


two co-workers had foiled my desk! Everything on it was covered in foil...my lotion, hand sanitizer, water bottle, stapler, fan, pictures, computer, chair, calculator...you name it...it was covered! I thought it was pretty funny. Thank you Ginny and Tera!

Another co-worker, Stacy Johnson, made scotcharoos for me. She knows how much I enjoy them. After work, George had peanut butter soup and rice balls for me. Yummy! Can't get any better than this! Maybe 30 won't be so bad afterall.

1 comment: