Saturday, July 10, 2010

Girls just wanna have fun!

I was needing to get a few things in Des Moines prior to baby Osai's grand enterance, so I called my friend Marcia Dahlstrom to go with. I picked her up in Ames and got to see her family for a bit. Marcia recently gave birth to her second child and this afternoon of a girls get-a-way would be her longest time away from her kids.


We had such a great time together. We started off by going to Me and Mommy-to-be in Ankeny. It's a neat little consignment shop that has some really cool flower head bands so I just had to get a few for our little one on the way.


Next we headed off to PF Chang's to eat lunch. I hadn't eaten there in years and that was back when we lived in Virginia. It was a nice change of pace and a good choice by Marcia.


I needed to run into Jordan Creek Town Center to pick something up real quick, but was afraid that I would be stuck parking far away as the lots were looking pretty full until I found one just screaming my name...

What a blessing as I was starting to get a little tired! Got the stuff I needed in that mall and next we were off to Valley West for pjs and eventually to Babies R Us.

Time just went way too fast for us. But it was great hanging out with a good friend again. Thanks again Marcia for such a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment