Thursday, June 24, 2010

What a waste of time!

Just needed to have a little doctor rant for a moment. I was supposed to have a doctor's visit, with my doctor on Tuesday. However, ten minutes before I was to leave my office to go, I got a call saying that the doctor had an emergency and she is out of the office for the rest of the day. I was quite disappointed as I had been looking forward to seeing my doctor. She had been out of the office for at least a month +

So I was rescheduled to come in this morning at 11:30 am. I get to the office and the doctor just left to go deliver a baby. Just my luck! Can't blame the patient, just wish the office would have called me. So back to work I went. Thank goodness that I work less than five minutes away.

They rescheduled for me to come back this afternoon at 2 pm. This time I had George in tow. When we arrived they informed that the doctor had just left again for labor and delivery. So what do we do...we sit and wait. Keep in mind that I haven't had any lunch yet so George being the caring guy that he is decided to go downstairs to the cafeteria to look for something for me. He came back with a cup of fruit. What a man!!!

And then we found out the next bad news....the doctor was now in surgery with a patient. Poor lady (meaning both the doctor and the patient). So we continue to sit and wait. Finally my nurse came out to see if I wouldn't mind seeing another doctor. Sure that's fine with me. I will see anyone at this point. So I was going to be seeing Dr. Turek. He is the only doctor that I hadn't seen from the practice yet at this point.

We finally got to see Dr. Turek at 3:30 pm and he was done with us by 3:33 pm!! And he wasn't able to answer any of my questions. So disappointed and it was all a waste of my time!! Now I won't get to see my doctor until July 8th. Hopefully she can at least answer my questions.

1 comment:

  1. I hate waiting at the doctor! At our practice, one Dr. out of the practice takes call for the hospital stuff and the rest are in the office seeing patients. That's too bad you got the run around. I'd be asking about that! :)

    ReplyDelete