Friday, June 25, 2010

Today didn't go as planned...it was even better!!!


So I needed to use some personal hours today before the end of the month. I took the afternoon off and came home. We had a lady from Public Health come to look at the house for lead paint today. Unfortunately, she did find some. But for the most part we won't have to worry about it. Just need to repaint over some of the areas. Sometimes I think that moving into this house was more of a hassle than we ever bargained for! I asked the landlord if there was lead in the house. His response, " I think there used to be but it was stripped. I will ask my mom." That was a few days ago and I have yet to hear back from him. Go figure!!!

I took a wonderful nap this afternoon. Lately I find myself wanting to get more and more sleep. I can sleep all night and wake up feeling like I hadn't slept at all. I don't know if this is my body's way of trying to store the sleep for in the months to come when I will be lacking the rest because of the baby.

My sister stopped over later and brought me an AWESOME gift from my sister's family, my brother's family and my parents...they got us a travel system! A few nights before I had a bad dream that the baby came early and I didn't have a travel system yet and I was driving around illegally with the baby. WHAT a relief to know that my bad dream will never come true!!!

I couldn't wait to get the travel system put together and to show George when he gets home from work tomorrow.


Penny and Jake had come to town to participate in Relay for Life. She was walking in honor of her neighbor and friend, Jodi Lawman. So I decided to tag along and walk a few laps myself. It was a wonderful evening for the event. Such a nice breeze outside and a great turnout too. I walked a mile two for Jodi and two for another co-worker who had a cancerous lump removed from her breast today.


I ended my evening with a green apple ice cream cone from The Diariette. I LOVE that place!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your day sounds fantastic! I love the travel system! NICE!

    ReplyDelete