Friday, January 7, 2011

Holding her tighter...

I like to visit the babycenter.com website. I have got to this website ever since I found out I was pregnant. It has been fun to see pictures of other babies that were born the same time as Melora, ask questions and find answers. It has been really helpful as a first time parent.


Recently while on the website I came across a post of two little girls battling for their lives. The first little girl is two month old Scarlett Grace. Her parents took her in for her well baby visiting thinking everything was fine and found out she has a brain tumor. I just can't imagine what her family is going through as they fight to save her life. Each time I read their blog I end up in tears as I think about our daughter and how blessed we are. Check out their website at http://www.brandiandchris.blogspot.com/


The second little girl, Cami as born with hydrocephalus, holoprosencephaly & a hole in her heart. Their blog chronicles the family's struggle with paying the bills and helping to save their daughter's life. How sad. Check out their blog at dailynewsofus.blogspot.com/


I know that these two little girls aren't the only sick babies that are out there in the world. It is so hard for me to read these and not get attached to the family. My heart aches for them. They can't always hold their little girl in their arms. This has made both George and I hold Melora a little tighter. We love our little girl and like these families we would be crushed if anything were to ever happen. Cami and Scarlett are sleeping in hospital beds and Melora is sleeping in her bed. Each night before bed we pray for our daughter and the sick girls. I just can't imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment